Saturday, April 6, 2013

It's that time again....... Haircutting !

Today was haircut day for the family. Haircuts have morphed over the years, however I will say that we have always cut Ethan's hair on our own. I feel we know him best and can understand and anticipate his needs more efficiently. Haircuts used to be torture, and at times we would all leave sweaty and tear covered but I have always felt that Haircuts are a part of life , you will need one several times a year for the rest of your life so Ethan you better get used to it. I would say the iPhone has been our saving grace for Ethan's last few haircuts. It is the number one desirable for Ethan and he seems to do well getting his hair cut when he uses it . So I would say for us buying a $30 pair of buzzers and doing it ourselves works best , since no one is around to watch should he tantrum, they pay for themselves in one cut and you can make it as comfortable as possible, its really easy and you can learn how each time what they tolerate and what they won't . We went from having me and my husband double teaming him with movies and fruit snacks to only me and an iPod. I learned that he doesn't like to be spray'd with water so today i wetted my hands and then rubbed his head wet , He also doesn't like the buzzer around his ears so I will usually use the scissors but he is becoming more tolerant . Like I said you learn and each time gets easier and cheaper ;)! However if you want to take them to a place to get their hair cut I took Hailey for her first haircut at Pigtails and Crewcuts . They have a special needs experience and this place would be my second choice! Here is their link:http://www.pigtailsandcrewcuts.com/westminster/special-2/

No comments:

Post a Comment